Investing in metal roofing in Nashville, TN has many benefits over the more traditional asphalt shingle type roof. A metal roof can be installed on most existing homes and new builds with little or no more difficulty than an asphalt roof.
When considering if you would like to install a metal roof, keep these points in mind:
- A metal roof has a much longer life span than an asphalt roof. Metal roofing in Nashville, TN should last 40 years or more depending on the type of metal installed. Compare this to the traditional asphalt roof that usually lasts about 20 years or less.
- The cost of a metal roof is more than an asphalt one. If you factor in the fact that it will not need to be replaced as often and that required maintenance on a metal roof is less than an asphalt one you will find that over time a metal roof is more cost efficient.
- Metal roofing is energy efficient. A reflective metal roof will do just that - reflect the sun's rays. An asphalt roof just absorbs that heat. Less heat absorption creates less demand for energy and can help to lower energy bills.
- Installing a metal roof can be an environmentally beneficial decision as well. Most metal roofing in Nashville, TN is made out of recycled material. It can also be installed on top of an existing asphalt roof, so that roof does not need to be sent to a landfill.
- A metal roof is durable and can help prevent snow build-up, hail damage and will not burn. Additionally, there are some metal roofs that can sustain high wind gusts. All of these factors make metal roofing a safe option.
- Some Nashville home owners insurance give out discounts for metal roofs. There may also be energy tax credit available for having a metal roof installed on your home.
If you are wondering about the look of metal roofing, don't just think plain, shiny metal. Metal roofs in Nashville, TN come in a variety of colors and styles to match the look of your home. They can look just like a shingle, tile or slate roof. This way you don't need to give up aesthetics for the benefits of metal.
To determine if a metal roof is the right choice for you, contact a contractor to get an estimate on installing a metal roof. They can show you the options available for your home and help you make the right decision for your budget and lifestyle.
About The Author
Tennessee Contracting Services, Nashville Metal Roofing expert, has been repairing and installing roofs including metal roofs for many years. Not only has he helped hundreds of residents with all their roofing needs, he has tons of experience with commercial roofing projects. You can learn more about his roofing expertise by visiting his website at http://www.roofernashville.net